2010-09-10

Answers reported speech #45

I guess it's my bad luck that I forgot to take the answers with me today - they are still in the teachers' lounge.

Therefore I had to type my very own answers for you :D

#45
01. Brian said that he had known Jack and Jill since kindergarten.
02. Tina told us that they had met lots of interesting people a week before.
03. Maria informed her parents that Oliver had asked her to marry him.
04. Norman told Dora that he couldn't find her cell phone.
05. I told Maria that I had seen her sister in town the day before.
06. Mum said that the neighbours had invited us to a barbecue the following day.
07. Dad explained that we would not go on holiday that year.
08. Jimmy mentioned that his mother was going to have a baby.
09. Mrs. Peterson said that Melanie didn't want to speak with me.
10. The audience was informed that the first cyclists would arrive in a moment.
11. Susie expected that I would like her chocolate cake.
12. Max told Emma that he had not been talking about her.
13. Betty told me that somebody was waiting for me outside.
14. Emily suggested that she would meet me there after school the following day.
15. Aunt Susan told us that Grandma had baked seventeen cakes since a week before.
16. Dad informed me that Mrs. Green wanted me to phone her the following day.
17. Our neighbours said that they had just come back from their holidays.
18. James told me that the exam that morning had been rather easy.
19. Mum told us that dad would have to go away again the following week.
20. A man complained to the shop assistant that the toaster he had bought a week before didn`t work.
21. Martin promised his parents that he would tidy up his room that day.
22. The new secretary told her boss that she couldn`t type very well but that her coffee was excellent.
23. The tour guide said that he hoped he would see them there again the following year.
24. The old man thought that somebody had stolen his keys.
25. Gina informed me that her parents did not remember me.
26. Our friends told us that they had enjoyed their stay with us very much.
27. Jacky said that the boys were waiting for them in the park.
28. Danny explained that he couldn`t leave because he was helping his dad.
29. We promised uncle Joe that we would come again the following month.
30. Dad informed mum that he would be late again that night.
31. Daisy told Donald that she didn´t like him any more.
32. The girls remembered that they had wanted to call Joe the day before.
33. The gym teacher said that they had to do more for their fitness.
34. The bus driver informed us that we had to get off at the following stop.
35. Nick told his parents that he wanted to stay up until the following day.
36. The newspaper reported that the missing children had been found alive and well.
37. The doctor told me that I had to take two pills that day and two the following day.
38. Father Smith said that he hadn´t seen me in church since a Christmas before.
39. The bank robbers thought that the police would never find the money there.
40. Ken said that he had forgotten to call me a week before.
41. The students complained that no one could do those exercises.

I hope you train well and don't forget to practice with all the materials.
You can also have a look at the following websites again:

2 comments:

  1. Hier ist Svenja, bei der Aufgabe 20. ist doch das "he had bought" schon in Vergangenheit gesetzt, wieso wird dann " didn't work" nochmal in Vergangenheit gesetzt? Haben sie nicht mal gesagt, dass man in einem Satz nur einmal in Vergangenheit setzen muss?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallo Svenja,
    Du könntest eigentlich richtig liegen mit Deiner Vermutung ABER wenn Du genau hinschaust, wirst Du erkennen, dass in dem "Satz" eigentlich 2 Sätze sind und in jedem Satz wird die Zeit geändert.

    Satz 1: The toaster doesn't work.
    Satz 2: I bought (the toaster) last week.

    Ich hoffe, es hilft.

    ReplyDelete